Become more responsible and transparent in identifying, financing and meeting public interests through projects developed and implemented by local civil society organisations.
The Programme will provide technical support up to 10 local self-governments (LSGs) to develop or improve the necessary processes, procedures and regulations for funding of local projects implemented by civil society organisations (CSOs) in accordance with the principles of good governance, and then developed and implemented in partnership with CSOs .
Do you meet the following requirements?
- You are one of 99 cities and municipalities that can apply for Swiss PRO support, and belong to underdeveloped municipal categories, i.e. III and IV groups according to the level of development
- You are ready to work on improving local governance related to the Call topic, with the Programme technical and professional assistance, without any financial costs for LSGs.
Priority will be given to municipalities with undeveloped or less developed regulations related to the topic of this Call, in order to enable their further development and provision of adequate services to citizens in meeting their needs and rights.
The call has two stages:
I Technical assistance for development or improvement of:
- Local regulations and procedures related to the allocation of CSO funds for projects of public interest
- Local policies that define the public interest
- A procedure for re-assessing the public interest
- A mechanism for monitoring projects implemented by CSOs and evaluating their results
II Support for the implementation of projects in partnership with CSOs, which includes:
- Verification of adopted or updated regulations for a more responsible and transparent process of financing local CSO projects
- Publication of a new Call for Proposals for projects of public interest intended for LS that received technical support in the first stage
- Mandatory partnership with the CSO
- Transfer of grant funds to LSG account dedicated for the project implementation
- Financial participation of the LSG in the amount of 10% of the total project value
The grant value: EUR 14.000
Duration of the intervention: 7 months of technical support + 11 months for the project implementation
How to apply?
- Download detailed information on the Public Call as well as application forms from the website www.swisspro.org.rs
- Visit one of the eight info sessions where we will present the details of the Public Call in:
- Šabac, on Monday, 25 June, Center for Vocational Training (Nikola Tesla 1A) at 11 am
- Užice, on Tuesday, 26 June, Regional Center for Professional Development of Employees in Education (Nemanjina 52) at 11 am
- Kragujevac, on Wednesday, 27 June, Center for Vocational Training of Employees in Education (City of Sirena 15, entrance No. 2) at 11 am
- Kraljevo, on Thursday, 28 June, City Administration Kraljevo, hall 2 (Trg Jovana Saric 1) at 11 am
- Smederevo, on Monday, 2 July, Regional Center for Professional Development of Employees in Education (Goranska bb, 2nd floor) at 11 am
- Zaječar, on Tuesday, 3 July, Regional Development Agency for Eastern Serbia (Trg oslobođenja 1) at 11 am
- Vranje, on Wednesday, 4 July, City Administration Vranje (Kralja Milana 1), at 11 am
- Niš, on Thursday, 5 July, Regional Center for Professional Development of Employees (Pariske komune bb) at 11 am
- Send completed application forms in accordance with the terms of the Call by 3 August 2018 at email@example.com
- For clarification please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 July 2018 at the latest.
About the Call
The total budget of the Call for technical assistance and grants to LSGs is EUR 70,000. This initiative is just one of the activities funded by the Government of Switzerland through the Swiss PRO development Programme in order to improve the access of local vulnerable groups to their rights and needs by better provision of policies and practices for social inclusion.
Selection of grantees will be done by evaluating and ranking the submitted applications for intervention.
You can learn more about the Programme as well as about the process, the selection criteria and the way of application in the info sessions and the Pubic Call Description and Criteria below.